Sunday 23 February 2014

Oops

I was looking at the details for submissions to the Toronto Star Short Story Contest, and I realized that for some reason I thought the limit was 5,000 words, rather than the 2,500 it actually is.  Unfortunately the story I had been planning to submit is already over 3,400.  With little time left, I don't plan on editing it down to the right size, so after all that struggle challenging myself to come up with a story that was more upbeat and positive (and not succeeding there either, as the story has taken a decidedly dark bent) I'm going back to the story that I wrote for the writing prompt exercise.  This probably wouldn't have happened if I had been more productive with my writing time in the past few weeks.  Two things that certainly didn't help: starting a new day job and the Olympics!

Someone once told me that "the writing process is a battle against procrastination."  Yes, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment